SG Tip: Apartment Hunting in LA
I was really looking forward to my first apartment hunting experience!
Little did I know that it was going to be hot mess mixed in with panic and tears. It was actually quite terrifying. I’ve never lived on my own so this is HUGE step for me. I’m moving out to a different state where I don’t really know anyone.. but, even though it seems scary, I know it’s the right move for me.
I ended up finding the chicest, newly renovated bungalow in the Hollywood Hills with a backyard and a parking space (that’s major key in LA), but more about that later on my YouTube.com/societygrl!
My SG TIPS on apartment hunting:
1. Don’t expect to find anything the first day. Just don’t.
2. Always go to look at the place in person. You might hate it online but love it in person!
3. Don’t get your hopes up. You’ll find what you’re looking for, just keep searching.
4. Come to terms with what is a priority and what you’re willing to sacrifice. Chances are you’re going to have to play “this or that” with a place.
5. If you don’t find something online, try driving around the neighborhoods you like, you might find some listings that are not posted online.
6. Use WestSideRentals.com to help you look around for local deals.
While I was looking for my new place, my dad and I stayed at The Sofitel in Beverly Hills.
It was chic, modern, and gave me that “homey” feel – I stayed for 3 nights. The lobby was always full of colorful roses, it was my favorite part.
I recently realized that I need a hotel to have a good work environment. Since I don’t have an office, I need a calm, inviting space where I can get my work done.
A photo posted by J U L I A D U D K O (@societygrl) on
The Area: The Sofitel is on the corner of La Cienega and Beverly Boulevard opposite the Beverly Shopping Center (yay!) so it was easy to get around in my Uber when I decided to do some shopping on Rodeo Drive! It was also a great location for my apartment hunting since I was looking around in the West Hollywood (WeHo) and Beverly Hills area.
Secret Tip: If you make friends with the bartenders at Riviera 31, they will tell you about the best “hole in the wall” places in LA!
Some photos courtesy of Sofitel.com